Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Assistance needed... Closing my pool in Northern Maine

1. Back To Top    #1

Assistance needed... Closing my pool in Northern Maine

Hello - I'm pretty new to the site here and was looking for advice from other folks that have an in-ground swimming pool in cold climates. I just moved to this area and after several weeks of messing around with chemicals and cleaning my 25,000 gallon in-ground pool I finally got to the point where the pool was actually usable. I'm looking for advice/process on how to close my pool. Please let me know if more information or photos are needed. I apologize in advance as I have hardly any experience in managing a pool.

Thanks!
    25,000 Gallon, in-ground, free form construction, vinyl liner, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Assistance needed... Closing my pool in Northern Maine

Hello and welcome to TFP! Probably the first thing you want to do is review this page Pool School - Closing an In Ground Pool. From there, if you have a specific question about the process, or perhaps something that's not listed, please let us know and folks will be glad to assist. Have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!