Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from London Ontario Canada

1. Back To Top    #1

London Ontario Canada

Hello from London Ontario Canada

I have a 16x32 salt water pool with a silt problem. New filter 2015. I have backwashed to waste, ran smart pool cleaner, still comes back. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this problem would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Hello from London Ontario Canada

Welcome to TFP!

Most of the time, the problem you describe is due to insufficient chlorine. Post your normal FC and CYA levels and we can advise you better.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Re: Hello from London Ontario Canada

Welcome to the forum!

Also suggest adding information about your pool and related equipment in your signature. By doing this, it will automatically appear in all your posts so you do not have to re-enter it each time.[/list]
    Here's how to do this: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

Not sure what kind of pool cleaner you have, but if there is a fine-mesh silt bag, I would try that. Every couple of springs or so, we get a fine film of silt caused by dust blowing in from West Texas. It's usually not visible in the air but it's noticeable when it lands in your pool. This has worked for me.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.