Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multi-port valve ID

1. Back To Top    #1

Multi-port valve ID

Looking for assistance in identifying the multi-port valve in this photo. I need to replace it and cannot locate any markings to help me identify it. It is plumbed with 1.5" PVC.

741312AE-D734-4C9A-B5B3-CC3F887276E4_zps1nyekwd9.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Multi-port valve ID

It's a 1.5" Pentair multiport for a de filter. What filter do you have.

3. Back To Top    #3

The filter is a DE filter. Looks to be made by Pentair as well. That's as much as I can tell from the filter since the identification sticker has been worn off by years of weather. Does this photo of the filter help?

DE38E60D-B1C8-42BD-943A-208529EF2A10_zpsnb2oxig1.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like an older Pac-Fab 50 sand filter to me but a filter type would help.

EDIT: Guess it's a DE.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like it's from this line of filters: Pac Fab Nautilus Stainless D.E. Parts - INYOPools.com

There are two replacement valves listed based on piping size. Picture looks like 1.5" so my best guess is you need the Praher Valve,sm W/plumbing 1 1/2 P.f. D.e. (sm1-pp2) - INYOPools.com
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

OK great. Thanks a ton for your help!

7. Back To Top    #7

One other question. Our pool is now closed for the season. Should I wait until the spring to replace this part and another valve on the plumbing? Is there any reason why I can't replace it now? Specifically, in addition to swapping out our multi-port valve, I want to replace a brittle old diverter valve (with a broken grease port knob) with a new no lube jandy valve. This particular valve controls a return on the side of the pool and our sliding board.

8. Back To Top    #8

Have all the lines been blown out and plugged or shut off? If it's fully closed, I wouldn't bother replacing til spring. Just be sure to get the new valve in place before the water gets above 60! Shop around for the best deal until then.

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes, all of the lines have been blown out and plugged. My thought was to replace it now so that it's already off of my plate come springtime. One less thing I need to take care of in addition to getting the pool opened.