New Pool - Pre- SWG Installation Chemistry

dmcody

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 9, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
New pool opened this weekend. The SWG is not in yet, being completed W this coming week. Levels are:

FC - 1
pH - 7.2
TA - 40
CYA - 0
Hard - 210

I was going to add shock with Stabilizer to raise Cl and CYA, but not not sure about TA and pH. Should I balance everything now, or wait for SWG to be installed?

Heres the new pool. Still active construction, but we are swimming!

20150911_171241_resized.jpg

Thanks. I know the levels are low, just didn't know if i should adjust them before the SWG was installed. But I think you hit the nail on the head. Keep, Cl up and let the PB deal with it due to warranty issues. Thanks

you can add shock with stabilizer to bring up both FC an CYA, but be aware at the stabilizer in the shock is acidic and may probably drive your pH down. Of course depending on how much you add will be the determining factor. So dont be surprised if that happens and be ready to raise the pH back up to Low 7's if that happens.

New pool opened this weekend. The SWG is not in yet, being completed W this coming week. Levels are:

FC - 1
pH - 7.2
TA - 40
CYA - 0
Hard - 210

I was going to add shock with Stabilizer to raise Cl and CYA, but not not sure about TA and pH. Should I balance everything now, or wait for SWG to be installed?

Heres the new pool. Still active construction, but we are swimming!

View attachment 42734

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.