Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How would you design an inground pool for this yard.

1. Back To Top    #1

How would you design an inground pool for this yard.

We have an odd shape yard it's like a baseball field. We have a 25' setback which is unusable. Need help, thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How would you design an inground pool for this yard.

Oh man... You have a great opportunity to do a beautiful hard scape and pool with spa. I would absolutely use that diamond to guide the eye righ to the middle. Diamond shape hot tub (square rotated 45 degree) in the back with dual spillovers into a squared offer rectangle / diamond pool. Raised beams on walls on the left diamond and right diamond side. This could be an awfully unique space.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Why a free form style? I would do an L shape around the corner where the steps come down from your elevated deck. You can decide how much of your property you want to devote to pool deck by deciding how far you want to push it back and how long you extend the L shape.

Having an elevated deck overlooking your pool gives you a unique opportunity to create a stunning view.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Chief, that was my first thought too - an L around the deck.

I noticed that Pool Studio has a free trial you can dl. Don't know how detailed it is. Perhaps someone here has tried it.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

I played around with a rectangle with a inter graded spa, but it kind of looked funny layed out.. Not sure I want a free form I'm a very geometric type of person but it seemed as the freeform was able to push the pool as far back as possible. We are not going to fence in the whole yard just around the pool since we have little kids and I'd feel more comfortable not having to worry about them playing in the backyard as much. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

6. Back To Top    #6

Please ignore the mess.. But this is what we are working with. New shed is going up as we speak. We can't build a pool within 25feet from the retaining wall.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

That 25 foot restriction could give you 25 feet for pool deck and landscaping on the back side of the pool. Or you could have an outdoor kitchen, shade structure or the pool equipment (behind a wall) in that 25 ft area. But whatever you do, I would do a geometric shape and lay it out either parallel to the house or to the back wall(s).
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Can't put anything on the 25' restriction because it's an easement we can get away with the shed because it was previously there.