Inground step jets air control knob

Hello everyone,

New here but have read threads before, great site so I joined and can contribute as I've been exposed a little over 10 years. 10 year Inground pool owner, vinyl with Quaker steps that have two jets in them with two control knobs above them to control the air to create bubbles.

I have two issues, one is that the air control knob no longer produces the bubbles. Second is that I accidentally stepped on one of them closing the pool and cracked it and I need to get a new one but can't find it anywhere on web or pool stores.

Unfortunately my pool builder went under so no longer around. I was told by them a while ago that the jets that they put in the steps were pentair. I've been to pool stores and showed them the jets when the bubble issue occurred a few years ago as I had an issue with them not staying in when the filter came on and was looking for new clips. Learned that it's the side you put them in on. Turn 180 degrees if they don't stay and now I can keep them in. That's solved.

I was told by someone else that to get the air bubbles working again, that the sand around the steps shifts and sometimes you have to grind the back of the jet where they jets is hitting the step to fit in all the way.

I have not tried yet, do you think this will help?

This is my first offering to the forum to hopefully help someone else as well.

Secondly and this is most important to me first, I'm asking for help on where I can find a new air control knob (pic with dime next to it) that I pictured that I believe was made by pentair 10 years ago. please help!

I've attached pictures of both.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 40
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.