Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Phoenix!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Phoenix!!

Hi all,

I'm brand new here, just saying hi. My fiancÚ and I recently moved to Arizona (just west of Phoenix) from northeast Pennsylvania. We're in the process of buying a home with an in-ground diving pool and attached spa. I have limited experience with either, so I'm hoping to learn from all of you. I know nothing about the internals of this pool/spa yet, unfortunately. Assuming the home inspection and appraisal go well, it should be mine in a month or so, and I'll know the specifics of this particular pool. I'll update my signature as I learn more about it.

I'd like to shout out a big thank you in advance for all the questions I'll be asking and advice I'll be seeking. Thanks!!!

Anyway, here's the pool....

42_5316668_44_1438842670-picsay~01.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Approx 25k gallon PebbleTec in-ground diving pool and attached raised (10 person?) spa, with spillover and waterfall.
    Hayward AquaLogic PS-4 control board, Hayward SP3400VSP Ecostar pump, Hayward C5520CP cartridge filter, Hayward H400FDN 400k BTU NG heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Phoenix!!

Hello, and congrats on your move to the Valley of the Sun. You'll love it .. and your pool. Pool looks fabulous. If nothing else, other than some Pool School reading in advance, make sure you have the right test kit on-hand for when you move in. You never want to rely on those free pool store tests or test strips. Your own proper test kit is everything. Please see my TF-100 link below. Again, nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Texas! I'm looking forward to hopefully learning a lot here. I've lurked for a few days, and there is clearly a lot of knowledge floating around!
    Approx 25k gallon PebbleTec in-ground diving pool and attached raised (10 person?) spa, with spillover and waterfall.
    Hayward AquaLogic PS-4 control board, Hayward SP3400VSP Ecostar pump, Hayward C5520CP cartridge filter, Hayward H400FDN 400k BTU NG heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello from even further west! I envy the size of your back yard; the pool takes up all of mine. But then, that would mean more yard work.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

5. Back To Top    #5

You HAVE to buy the pool! Forget the house! That pool is pretty! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi Eric!
    Welcome to TFP. Man those are some nice digs you're about to buy. Best of luck on that!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to the forum! Nice lookin' pool!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks guys!!