New jandy/zodiac heater not working with Aqualink PDA

Jun 18, 2015
Murfreesboro
I have brand new Zodiac LXI gas heater hooked to my new pool. It is wired with Aqualink control box which is set up to automatic setting. I cannot operate it through my Aqualink PDA. It says heater is offline. Although the PDA says the heater is enabled. I was able to turn the heater on manually by pressing pool button on heater panel. I went on YouTube where someone posted a video how to program jandy heater with Aqualink RS . After following the video steps to program the heater, when I press the pool button on heater panel to turn it on, sign comes on that the remote Stat enabled but the heater don't turn on manually neither through Aqualink PDA, although I can operate other equipment like pump, cleaner, lights etc. through PDA.

I have brand new Zodiac LXI gas heater hooked to my new pool. It is wired with Aqualink control box which is set up to automatic setting. I cannot operate it through my Aqualink PDA. It says heater is offline. Although the PDA says the heater is enabled. I was able to turn the heater on manually by pressing pool button on heater panel. I went on YouTube where someone posted a video how to program jandy heater with Aqualink RS . After following the video steps to program the heater, when I press the pool button on heater panel to turn it on, sign comes on that the remote Stat enabled but the heater don't turn on manually neither through Aqualink PDA, although I can operate other equipment like pump, cleaner, lights etc. through PDA.

usually you have to switch your heater online through the heater control panel. When you put your pool in service mode to manually operate the various controls at your main control panel, you also have to switch your heater offline to control it from the heater. By switching offline you put the heater in service mode. By switching online control is now processed throuh your jandy aqualink. Hope that helps Bob

There are two ways to wire the heater to the Aqualink. The basic method is a two conductor "firemans switch" where the heater is turned on and its thermostat is turned up all the way. The Aqualink then controls the heater by turning it on and off when there's demand for heat.

The best method for controlling the heater is with a four conductor RS485 connection. The Aqualink then auto-recognizes the heater and you get full control with your PDA.

As Bob mentioned above, you do have the tell the heater to allow remote control for either method to work.

Was it installed as part of a new pool build or have you just added it recently? Does the heater have the wired connection back to the Aqualink? There should be a wire connected into the heater and running back to the Aqualink.

Look at this PDF and you will see how the heater should be wired.

http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0295900.pdf
I appreciate it. My heater is now working with remote Aqualink PDA

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate it. It is working now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.