Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jennifer from Oklahoma

1. Back To Top    #1

Jennifer from Oklahoma

Hello everyone, my name is Jennifer. We are about 10 miles west of Oklahoma City. We started our pool mid August. They are finishing up coping and starting concrete next week. I don't think we have much left before I fill the pool.

This is my first time with any kind of pool or hot tub so I am very nervous.

I have read pool school and will be ordering the tf-100 test. Anything else I need to know before I start?
    Build starting in Aug 2015, 115 ft perimeter 654 feet, IG gunite freeform with spa, 3 hp Pentair VS intelliflow
    520 sq feet Pentair cartridge, Pentair 400 heater, Polaris 280, SWG, travertine coping

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Jennifer from Oklahoma

Hello Jennifer, and Welcome to TFP.

Getting the proper test kit, and getting familiar with the TFP method is definitely a step in the right direction.

If you have any questions along the way just feel free to ask, and someone will be glad to answer them for you.

I can understand your nervousness. Getting your 1st pool/spa is very exciting, but can also be rather frightening, and often intimidating at the same time. There is no need to be nervous at all because you have come to the right place to be assisted with preventing any issues with your pool/spa, as well as, assistance in eliminating an issue should one arise. We will be with you every step of the way.

Here are a few more links you can review when you get a chance, and keep handy for future reference.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...art-slam-shock

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...rence-material

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...pool-chemistry

Again welcome to TFP. We are all really glad you're here. Have a wonderful night
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome, Jennifer, and congratulations on finding the forum as a new pool owner! Way too many people find us after they have a mess on their hands.

Nothing better than a pool!!! Do you have kids?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Jen,
    When you order your TF-100 add the SpeedStir to your order. Don't ask why. You can just thank me later.

Really, it makes testing so much easier and more accurate. I went my first year without one and now I don't think I could do my testing if it wasn't there.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Hi, Jennifer,

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes I have 3 children. 12, 10 and 7.

Where is the best place to order the test? And is the tf-100 the one to go with?
    Build starting in Aug 2015, 115 ft perimeter 654 feet, IG gunite freeform with spa, 3 hp Pentair VS intelliflow
    520 sq feet Pentair cartridge, Pentair 400 heater, Polaris 280, SWG, travertine coping

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP!

You can order the TF-100 which is the best deal from tftestkits.net or poolsupplyworld.com
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

You are going to have SUCH great memories with the pool. Your house will be where the kids play. Yay!!!!!

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

welcome from down south grab the tf100 and speedstir, it is awesome
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

10. Back To Top    #10

Hi Jennifer,
    I replied to your post in my thread but wanted to say welcome here too. We're actually in Yukon too so we might be neighbors. I've read a lot here and am very optimistic. I'm converting our hot tub to tfp also. After I got my awesome test kit and tested my fill water I also tested the hot tub and didn't realize how out of whack it was. Been fixing it since yesterday and already seeing improvement. I figure better to test my understanding on 450 gals rather than 14k gallons. Had to work with the muriatic acid for the first time. A bit intimidating. I broke out the chemical gloves, face mask and goggles.
    Build finished 10/15/2015 | 15.5K gal IG kidney | 3'-6' Depth | Gunite/Quartz plaster | Hayward SwimClear C5030 filter | 1.5 HP 2-speed pump | K-2006c test kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Jennifer we would LOVE to see all of your pics. I KNOW you took some. You can use photobucket to share them.

You are going to LOVE having a pool with the kids. They are going to love watching your test the water.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

So funny that I have a close neighbor on here.

Silly question but will the tfp method be different from what my pool guy tells me to do.
    Here is my most recent picture.

- - - Updated - - -

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

That's going to be beautiful, Jennifer.

To answer your question: It's very likely what he tells you to do will be different than what TFP does, BUT on a new pool for warranty purposes, unfortunately, you have to do it Their Way.

Then when the warranty periods are over you can come back here, and we will teach you to do it the Right Way LOL.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful night
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

14. Back To Top    #14

Here are some links. It would be interesting to print out some of them like the recommended levels and see what he has to say to them.

Above all else the PB is the warranty card holder so his wished outweigh anything here!

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

We have had some new pool owners that shared TFP with their builder. The PB was happy to let them use TFP as their guide once they showed they could do the test and keep the levels balanced.

Do you have a good test kit yet?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

15. Back To Top    #15

You've already been given some good advice, so I'll simply welcome you to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

16. Back To Top    #16

I am in Yukon too. I am just starting to research pools. Who have you guys (from the area) used to install?

17. Back To Top    #17

Hope all is well Jennifer. Any updates or pictures to share?