Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 49 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress

1. Back To Top    #1

Another in Texas - Cypress

So we're moving along and trying get designs we like and bids. So far the closest we've come is this one but it still doesn't have... something. Opinions, improvement suggestions?

Edit: I think I have the pictures fixed!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another in Texas - Cypress

Hi there, one method is to open a photobucket account, upload a photo, and then copy and paste the photo address into your message. Hope this helps, would love to see your designs!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, I use Photobucket as well. That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks nice. Although after I clicked on the links it made me log into Flickr before showing me the images because they were flagged as "adult content" for mature audiences or something to that effect .... so I wasn't sure what kind of pool pictures to expect ....
    ~25000 gal IG gunite pool, built 2001 - renovated 2015
    Pebble Sheen Blue Surf + Shimmering Sea, Gemz, Classic Pool & Tile Rodio waterline
    Grey Granite Paver Deck, with TechoBloc Blu60 Smooth accent strip
    Hayward OmniLogic, UCL and CL320 LED lights, DE6020 filter, EcoStar pump, TF-100, T-15 SWG, Raypak P406A heater

5. Back To Top    #5

If you're using Filckr, you have to paste a link directly to the image in the IMG tag, not to a web page. It needs to end in ".jpg"
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

Okay, I'll try again. I tried Photobucket but I'm using the apps from my phone and it kept crashing so I switched to Flick'r. I'll try doing it differently.

Is Photobucket and Flick'r the only options? Photobucket has a craptastic app that keeps crashing and Flick'r will only give me the URL.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

7. Back To Top    #7

Got the picture thing figured out now.

Last edited by twinkiesmommy2009; 09-13-2015 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Removed whine...

8. Back To Top    #8

I really want to help spend your money! LOL I hope you figure it out!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Lol Kim! Thanks! Me too. Can anybody tell me if it's because I'm on my phone or if there is another option? I hate getting on the computer. Lol

10. Back To Top    #10

The thing I want to know is why does flick'r think your pool plans are adult content? Maybe it has to do with the shape of the first link
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

11. Back To Top    #11

Lol. That's a good question. After you said that I tried to see if it was something I accidentally marked but couldn't find anything. You didn't 'report' me did you. Haha!

12. Back To Top    #12

Oi lol Isaac! I went back and looked at the first picture because I didn't understand why it would be flagged. Oh boy. Now that's all I can see - hubby too. lol

So the decision now becomes to continue with that design and have our own private joke since visitors are unlikely to see that without having the drawings, or redesign it so it resembles a vital male part of the anatomy a lot less.

Decisions decisions...

It also mildly resembles a rocket ship... Hmm... Lol

Finally got the pictures to display correctly.

13. Back To Top    #13

What do you plan to use the pool for? Reason I ask is there doesn't appear to be much shallow end area. We moved our spa to the deep end and gave up the sun shelf so we'd have more area to play in the shallow end.

Just something to think about.

Good luck!
    Build thread
    IG Gunite w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, 18K gallons 500sqft
    Jandy: 60 DE filter, 2.0 VS (main pump), 2.0 Flo Pro (features)
    Paramount PV3 w/ 1.5 Stealth, PDA PS6, JXi 400K NG
    Flagstone coping & wall. Stamped Concrete from BrickForm. TF-100 w/Speed Stir.

14. Back To Top    #14

Actually it's almost all shallow. We're only going to 5'5'' in the deep and the slope won't start until after the sun shelf ends. We want the shallow end and the spa closest to the covered patio but we did think about having it in the deep end.

It's still missing something though.. I don't know. We've seen a few designs and like this one best (besides our adjustments to the designer somehow ending up with it looking like a body part) but we still aren't getting the excited we love it feeling. Sigh.

What kind of equipment (going SWG) should we be looking at with this? Looks like most builders around here use Hayward.

15. Back To Top    #15

The pics are fixed. Good job!

I see what you say about something missing. I am not sure what.......................Do you have a pic of the yard without the pool? that might help if we can see what you are working with.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

Maybe it's missing a deck jet (is that what it's called?) on the end??? Lol

Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

17. Back To Top    #17

All joking aside, I would look at moving the spa to the other end and flipping the baja shelf to where the spa is. That way people on the baja don't have their backs to most everyone on the deck. Or you could flip flop the baja and the spa.

But I agree with you-something is missing. And I would probably get rid of the curved part of the deck if you leave as is.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

18. Back To Top    #18

Yea, what Marla said. My first though was, coming from the deck of the house your eye would catch the back of the lounge chairs on the sun shelf instead of the open pool. I don't know much about pools, but in reading on here, dreaming of my future in ground pool, several people have mentioned too many waterfalls can be overly noisy. Looks like you have quite a few, so may want to keep noise level in mind. I would go with curves or straight lines, but not both, maybe just the curve on the back wall with the falls. The seating around the pool deck looks spread out and not much room for more than two or 3 people in one place. Depending on how you plan to use your pool, that may be fine or not. With this set up, you really don't get to take advantage of the covered patio you already have to sit in the shade and watch people in the pool, especially if you have kids. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be beautiful and you will love it!
    Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

19. Back To Top    #19

Those are good suggestions! I'm going to play around with it a bit and see what I can come up with.

I do have kids including an autistic son that loves a sun shelf and the spa but doesn't go in the pool much. The other (twins) is a monkey that lives to jump, climb, and swim. I also have teenagers that live to lounge. Trying to please everybody and have the best view possible.

I will post pics of the yard.

We have kind of a funky shaped yard and I'm wanting to keep it on the long side closest to the front gate of the house to preserve room for the existing playset and trampoline.

20. Back To Top    #20

Wow, your yard looks like a great kids place already and will be so much more fun with a pool! Your son with Autism will likely be swimming before the end of the first pool season since it will be "his" pool. With all you have going on, I would definitely make sure I could see the entire pool while standing on the back porch, even better if from the window in the house. (Not that you would ever think of going inside, even for a second, while your kids were in the pool!
    Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

Page 1 of 49 123411 ... LastLast