Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am in the process of a DIY pool build and getting close to the plaster phase. I have read about different methods for the initial startup. I came across a product called Start-up Tec at my local pool distributor that is supposed to reduce the brushing and helps to seal the plaster. I was wondering if anyone here has an experiance with using it and there opinions on it. Thanks

http://www.mcgrayel.com/startuptec.html

Don't know much about it but it seems to be a sequesterant that is not phoosphanate based. Their algaecide is just polyquat 30 (the weaker stuff!) but they pretty much keep that hidden unless you read the MSDS. I tend to stay away from companies like this because they are not really being upfront about what their products are! It might be a worthwhile product or it might be an expensive form of a commonly available product. It could also be junk. No way to really tell unless there is someone here who is experience with it. I have never heard of this company but they are on the other side of the continent from me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.