Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new plaster startup

1. Back To Top    #1

new plaster startup

I am in the process of a DIY pool build and getting close to the plaster phase. I have read about different methods for the initial startup. I came across a product called Start-up Tec at my local pool distributor that is supposed to reduce the brushing and helps to seal the plaster. I was wondering if anyone here has an experiance with using it and there opinions on it. Thanks
    Newbie pool owner
    25,000 gallon inground, vinyl lined pool, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new plaster startup

Don't know much about it but it seems to be a sequesterant that is not phoosphanate based. Their algaecide is just polyquat 30 (the weaker stuff!) but they pretty much keep that hidden unless you read the MSDS. I tend to stay away from companies like this because they are not really being upfront about what their products are! It might be a worthwhile product or it might be an expensive form of a commonly available product. It could also be junk. No way to really tell unless there is someone here who is experience with it. I have never heard of this company but they are on the other side of the continent from me.