Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae under bubbler housing

1. Back To Top    #1

La Vernia, Tx

Algae under bubbler housing

My wife noticed algae underneath the plastic housing on our baba shelf bubbler today. Our numbers have been good and we've been using the TFP method since about a couple of weeks after our pool was finished this summer. Our numbers have been good and never below the minimum target values. Today, we have a CYA of just below 50, Cl of 5.5 (adding a little bleach now), and pH of 7.7 (will decrease it today).

Is the bubbler housing supposed to get water in it? I would think that it should be water tight, but if not the water probably does not circulate enough to keep it from blooming.

Can I remove the housing without draining he pool below this level? If so, how?

Will SLAMming get rid of the algae without being able to get to it and scrub it away/treat it with a little bleach?

We sent a message to our PB a few minutes ago, but I always get quicker and better advice from here. Thanks.

16.5 x 34 gunite freeform/angular, 3.5-5.5 ft depth, traditional chlorine, 6ft of benches, sun shelf, 2 Bermuda skimmers/5 directional inlets, 3hp VS Pentair pump, 30in Pentair sand filter, Legend cleaner w/booster, 2 - 5G LED color lights, LED color bubbler, flagstone coping, 600 sq ft kool deck, Wet Edge Satin Matrix-Antigua

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Algae under bubbler housing

I read the same thing happening to someone else with their bubblers. I can't find the thread right now sorry!

One thing I would do while waiting for someone that knows bubblers is go buy a turkey baster and a small bottle brush so when you get this algae cleared up you can keep it from coming back. Turkey baster is to be able to squirt 50/50 bleach water down into the bubbler holes. The brush is to try to keep from having to take the bubblers out. Maybe you can just brush every once in a while.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!