Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: converting over to chlorine nest season

1. Back To Top    #1

Chicopee, MA

converting over to chlorine nest season

Had the pool closed. Took sample with Baqua strips. Strip color was White,and tells me should add initial dosage of oxidizer. Sanitizer is very low. Basically I am trying to get rid of as much Baqu before next season as I can. I had pool closed and they put in non-chlorine chems. It is safe to assume that because there is no chlorine in the pool that I would not get any reading for CYA using a Taylor 2006 ran a few test with it and never got the cloudy water. Know i am going to have more questions when I reaaly get this going next season
    POOL-24ft Above ground, Vinyl 16000 gal
    FILTER-Hayward EC-40 DE filter
    TEST KIT- Taylor -K2006
    Dolphin Robot Cleaner S50

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: converting over to chlorine nest season

Check out the Baq Forum. You'll see many conversions n may have any questions answered just by reading and you'll be ready n confident next year when you start.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Montville NJ

Re: converting over to chlorine nest season

If there is CYA in the pool, you would see it on a test. You do not need Chlorine in the pool to see CYA. If you do not see CYA, it is not there. But then, it should not be there if you were using Bacqua.

You wont need CYA until after your conversion. The Bacqua is going to eat of the FC on it's one fast enough - no need to worry about protecting the FC from sunlight.

27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo