Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inground Vinyl lined concrete versus steel wall?

1. Back To Top    #1

Inground Vinyl lined concrete versus steel wall?

Hi, I'm getting ready to have an inground pool installed in Orange County New York. I have had several quotes and would like to know the opinions of members regarding concrete versus steel walls. The two companies I am leaning towards are either royal pools construction for concrete or sensational pools for steel. Their prices are generally comparable. I would like to know any feedback on them as well. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inground Vinyl lined concrete versus steel wall?

Are you planning on having a salt water generator? I've read that some consideration should be given on using steel walls in a salt pool...bit I haven't researched it thoroughly.
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    SWG
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't know if the link will be much help, but here is a previous discussion on the topic...

Vinyl liner over Concrete or Steel walls
    17K gal, AG, 1.0HP pump, 300lb, 3.14 sqft, 62GPM sand filter, Pool Pilot Nano SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Myself... I'd go with concrete. As long as the concrete is well done, I think it would last longer than steel. That being said, if you get a better feel and confidence in one builder's expertise over the other and can get some references to contact from each, go with the builder that checks out the best regardless of construction materials.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

What about polymer panels? Is that an option in your area?
    18' x 36' saltwater inground vinyl pool