Covering a large lazy El

Declan

Sep 12, 2015
Boston, ma
Hi. We have a large lazy el that has always been covered by a safety cover. Unfortunately, we aren't able to get another winter out of it. Not wanting to spend 3-4 k for a new one, I'm looking to cover it with a regular winter cover. I have not seen any rectangular covers that would do the job, even with folding under some of the cover, as I have read here. Any suggestions? I am thinking about two covers...one for the deep end and one for the shallow, but I'm guessing that the point where they meet will allow everything to get into the pool, thereby defeating the purpose. Thought?

If you can lay a tarp over your existing cover, try that first as Swampwoman has suggested. If the cover is completely damaged, then try Pool Supplies - Swimming Pool Equipment and Spa Supplies by In The Swim. They may be able to produce a cover to match your old cover. Considering you can lay it out hopefully in the driveway, or the street, You can easily measure everything and then have them create one. I know other people have used them and they are very reasonable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.