Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Covering a large lazy El

1. Back To Top    #1

Boston, ma

Covering a large lazy El

Hi. We have a large lazy el that has always been covered by a safety cover. Unfortunately, we aren't able to get another winter out of it. Not wanting to spend 3-4 k for a new one, I'm looking to cover it with a regular winter cover. I have not seen any rectangular covers that would do the job, even with folding under some of the cover, as I have read here. Any suggestions? I am thinking about two for the deep end and one for the shallow, but I'm guessing that the point where they meet will allow everything to get into the pool, thereby defeating the purpose. Thought?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Grand Rapids, MI

Re: Covering a large lazy El

Hi Delcan, and welcome.
    Have you considered attempting to patch you existing winter cover, or even laying tarp on top of it? If the strapping and anchors are still good, you might be as well off that way.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Howell, New Jersey

Re: Covering a large lazy El

If you can lay a tarp over your existing cover, try that first as Swampwoman has suggested. If the cover is completely damaged, then try Pool Supplies - Swimming Pool Equipment and Spa Supplies by In The Swim. They may be able to produce a cover to match your old cover. Considering you can lay it out hopefully in the driveway, or the street, You can easily measure everything and then have them create one. I know other people have used them and they are very reasonable.
    14,700 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - Octal Circulation System
    Hayward Pro-Series 350 LB. Sand Filter Model # S270T - 2" Plumping
    Frog Mineralizer System (EMPTY) - Hayward Super Pump 2 HP Model # k48m2n111
    Pool Company tests water (NO LONGER) TF-100 TEST KIT
    Date of Build is 11-2013