Leakage in Pool Filter

Where is it leaking from exactly?

You can not usually fix a leak by throwing some glue on it due to the pressure in the filter. If the vessel is cracked, then you likely need to replace it.

How big is your pool? That looks like a pretty small filter.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thanks for your reply. Actually there seems to be a hole in the filter tank body at the very bottom (close to drain plug). I am attaching a picture where you can see the water leaking.. if you can any more information let me know. Here are pool details-

16K gal, Pebble pool, 200 sqft cartridge filter, Pentair Pool filter (predator cellular media filter)
View attachment 42682

Thanks,
Aj

Thank You.. someone suggested me to put [FONT=franklin_gothic]PLASTICWELD SYRINGE [/FONT]over the leakage .. Is it okay?
Also I dont know the model # for the bottom tank of Pentair Pool filter so any idea which tank should I buy?? Any suggestion is really helpful..

The pressure inside of these filters is usually very prohibitive of trying to use any type of glue, sealer, weld, etc material. However, your mileage may vary.

I wouldn't spend much time trying to repair this. Just replace it and move on to better things. Measure the height of the unit and then you can figure out which unit it is. I would guess a 150.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.