Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leakage in Pool Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Leakage in Pool Filter

Hi,
    I am having leakage in my filter (Pentair Pool) from the bottom. Attached pictures..
    Seems this is reducing the pool water. Can someone please tell me what should I do? Do I have to change the entire box and can I put some glue over it?

Attachment 42670

Thanks,
    Aj
    Year built: 2000, 16,000 Gallon, In Ground Pebble pool- 90' perimeter/19'*35'(W*L), Pentair Pool filter, 200 sq.ft. cartridge filter, Jandy energy filter, Polaris 360 pool Cleaner, Clear Vision natural water purifier : Model XG, Century centurion pump motor (HP 2.0, Hz: 60, Type: CX), Jandy valve (JVA 2440), Pool heating- Delta family (120V, 60Hz, 3 amps), Aqualink RS6 pool/spa control

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leakage in Pool Filter

Where is it leaking from exactly?

You can not usually fix a leak by throwing some glue on it due to the pressure in the filter. If the vessel is cracked, then you likely need to replace it.

How big is your pool? That looks like a pretty small filter.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for your reply. Actually there seems to be a hole in the filter tank body at the very bottom (close to drain plug). I am attaching a picture where you can see the water leaking.. if you can any more information let me know. Here are pool details-

16K gal, Pebble pool, 200 sqft cartridge filter, Pentair Pool filter (predator cellular media filter)
    Attachment 42682

Thanks,
    Aj
    Year built: 2000, 16,000 Gallon, In Ground Pebble pool- 90' perimeter/19'*35'(W*L), Pentair Pool filter, 200 sq.ft. cartridge filter, Jandy energy filter, Polaris 360 pool Cleaner, Clear Vision natural water purifier : Model XG, Century centurion pump motor (HP 2.0, Hz: 60, Type: CX), Jandy valve (JVA 2440), Pool heating- Delta family (120V, 60Hz, 3 amps), Aqualink RS6 pool/spa control

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

You will need to have that replaced. It may be possible to get parts but they will likely cost as much as a new filter. That looks like a puncture and it cannot be patched.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank You.. someone suggested me to put PLASTICWELD SYRINGE over the leakage .. Is it okay?
    Also I dont know the model # for the bottom tank of Pentair Pool filter so any idea which tank should I buy?? Any suggestion is really helpful..

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

The pressure inside of these filters is usually very prohibitive of trying to use any type of glue, sealer, weld, etc material. However, your mileage may vary.

I wouldn't spend much time trying to repair this. Just replace it and move on to better things. Measure the height of the unit and then you can figure out which unit it is. I would guess a 150.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank You. I will try to find the model number and get a new tank..

8. Back To Top    #8

My filter is fixed but now i have no pressure in the BCG gauge. Does it mean that the water is not circulating?
    Attachment 42895

9. Back To Top    #9

Do you have water moving in the pool?

Could just be the gauge is bad.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

10. Back To Top    #10

yes water is floating.. but there is s small energy filter as well.. might be floating for it.. any suggestions?

thank you!

11. Back To Top    #11

A clog or a closed valve or a very dirty filter. And water flows it doesn't float.
    Jason, TFP Moderator