Hey guys. I have been searching on the forum and found a lot of great information on the topic - but I wasn't sure I was putting the information together correctly for my situation.
My pool and spa are connected (same water). The only time the spa is isolated is when it is in spa mode (maybe 2X a week for an hour each time) In addition to being connected - with a constant spillover into the pool, I also have a large waterfall that pours into the spa with water from the pool - so my spa has a really good sharing of pool water.
My pool is still fairly new (about 3 months now) my numbers have been consistent. I only switched over from pucks to bleach a few weeks ago (had to go through pool school first). So my CYA is higher than I would have hoped for - but manageable according to what all you good people have been sharing with me.
My CC has really always been at .5 - never higher - occasionally no pink at all. When I searched that - what I saw was, if you aren't having issues with anything (like cloudiness, algae, etc.), then .5 fine.
BUT the last few times we fired the spa up - it smells really harsh. I am wondering if I get rid of my .5 CC will that help?
In the mornings when I test:
FC is 4.5-5, I bring it up to 9-10 using Bleach (still learning the size of my pool) - right now using 7000 gal to test.
I have also read about lowering FC in hot tub before using - but as a newbie - I am more worried about keeping my FC at the right levels to keep away algae - so I haven't really considered that yet.