Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool owner here. First post.

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool owner here. First post.

Hello. New Pool Owner here from Iowa. As you can see it was kind of a pig in a poke when I aquired the property. I now have a new liner installed and am working through some leaky plumbing issues. I hired a pool store to do the liner and get me set up. Before I found this website of course. I am now trying to learn about my chemistry and with the initial knowledge I have gained I have been able to keep it mostly clear so far. I wired up all of the equipment and light myself and yesterday I was digging up return lines and following the stream of clear water in the dirt to find my leak. Looking forward to next season as I will be closing up soon.
    1441911107.jpg
    1441911130.jpg

1441911146.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25000 gallon in ground vinyl pool constructed in 1967 9 feet deep Oval. 1.5 hp Sta Rite Dura Glas 2 speed pump with Pentair Triton II TR60 sand filter and Pentair IC40 SWG. Non funtional Pentair Mini Max heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool owner here. First post.

Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

Have you invested in one of the Recommended Test Kits yet? That is step 1 to taking control.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep. Thanks for asking. My TF100 XL kit will be delivered on wednesday the 16th.
    25000 gallon in ground vinyl pool constructed in 1967 9 feet deep Oval. 1.5 hp Sta Rite Dura Glas 2 speed pump with Pentair Triton II TR60 sand filter and Pentair IC40 SWG. Non funtional Pentair Mini Max heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Jay! Nice to see you! I love what you have already done! That is such a pretty area for a pool.

How is the wall doing when it rains? Does it keep the water out of the pool?

Were you able to find the leak? That was a lot of digging you poor thing-----shoulders, back and hands must be hurting! I hope there is some beer in the 'fridge waiting for you!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi Kim. The wall is tiled and the drains come out below grade from the pool so no trouble yet. How astute of you to notice. I have only owned the house since May.

I have indeed found the leaking line. Thank goodness it is not under concrete. I still need to make the repair. Too much work at the real Job is getting in the way!

If I run out of beer will you voulnteer for some Physical therapy??

7. Back To Top    #7

NOPE! LOL

Darn those paying jobs! They get in the way of the fun stuff!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I guess the job helps to keep me from running out of beer.