Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Patio Furniture

1. Back To Top    #1

Patio Furniture

Any suggestions on where to shop or of outdoor furniture that will hold up to saltwater best? Beginning to look and review prices.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Patio Furniture

Are you planning on keeping the furniture in the pool? Seriously unless you are on the shorel of an ocean, salt isn't a concern.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Actually, maybe. ️ I was hoping to find two lawn chairs that I don't have to worry about if I leave them on the tanning shelf. Also, my current furniture has already created some stains on our concrete patio from rust. Our 2 year old $400 grill too. Not sure what's caused it but I figured salt won't help.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

4. Back To Top    #4

There is heavy duty plastic furniture, but it is very expensive.

Other than that, just treat it as disposable after a couple of years.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006

5. Back To Top    #5

I can treat it as disposable but I'm more worried about stains on the decking.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I have had cast aluminum furniture for ten years. To avoid rust stains just avoid steel. There's lots of plastic and aluminum furniture available.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks!!

8. Back To Top    #8

Polywood furniture is nicely heavy, weathers well, and won't blow into the pool

Pretty sure you could leave em on the sun ledge too.

Outdoor POLYWOOD® Furniture | Recycled Plastic Poly Wood Furniture by Poly-Wood Inc
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

9. Back To Top    #9

Some cute stuff too. Thanks SW!

10. Back To Top    #10

I have all polywood furniture and LOVE it! It is a bit pricey but durable and the only metal is stainless steel screws so no staining. Rinses off with the water hose and comes in a variety of colors.
    26K In ground Gunite w/pebble tech. Jandy/Zodiac SWG, 4 Cartridge Filter System & Paramount PCC 2000 Floor Cleaner, well water auto fill

11. Back To Top    #11

Ouch. You aren't kidding about pricey and that was looking on Amazon. Lol. Maybe a chair each year.

12. Back To Top    #12

^True...friends of mine on the lake have a complete set and after 10 yrs hasn't weathered a bit...so the up side of the price is longevity
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

13. Back To Top    #13

Have you seen these loungers? Wendy, who just finished her pool a month or so ago, had posted about them. They are completely plastic. At least 2 members have these on their sun shelf. I got mine from Amazon for $100. Can't remember the name right now, but could look it up if you are interested. image.jpg
    Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

14. Back To Top    #14

Ooh, those are pretty nice! I'll try to find them.

15. Back To Top    #15

Here they are...
    image.jpg
    Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks!

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

End of the season. Now is the time to shop for patio furniture. Too bad the choice is limited, but you can get some real bargains. Last year I bought four really nice market umbrellas for $49 each. I saw the same ones this year for $150 each (even in the same store).
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ

18. Back To Top    #18

Wow! Good advice chief. I'll look on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and see what sales are going on!

19. Back To Top    #19

You might consider the cheap ones and just coat the legs in plasti dip to prevent contact staining
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~