Intex Pump Noise

Jun 20, 2015
League City, TX
After two failed attempts (two leaky pools), now have a spanking new Pro-Series. With all the rain here it's been impossible to get anything done until this evening. I altered an original pump from one of the other pools (same style) to use my Intex hoses. Very slight leak from one of the valves, which I believe needs another gasket or may have a small crack in it. Will check in the daylight tomorrow but, very minimal. As far as water chemistry I've added 100lbs of salt, shocked and mixed like a big bowl of soup. Two questions so far. The pump and SWG are used and just wondering what the pump normally sounds like when running and do I have to wait 24hours before turning on the SWG or only until the salt is dissolved. Any suggestions or comments appreciated. These are my test results about an 1 1/2 - 2 hrs after adding the salt. Added the shock about 15 minutes ago and I'll retest shortly and post. Really happy to find this site, really makes things more manageable!
FC-0
PH-8.4
TA-80
TH-200
CYA-30-50

After two failed attempts (two leaky pools), now have a spanking new Pro-Series. With all the rain here it's been impossible to get anything done until this evening. I altered an original pump from one of the other pools (same style) to use my Intex hoses. Very slight leak from one of the valves, which I believe needs another gasket or may have a small crack in it. Will check in the daylight tomorrow but, very minimal. As far as water chemistry I've added 100lbs of salt, shocked and mixed like a big bowl of soup. Two questions so far. The pump and SWG are used and just wondering what the pump normally sounds like when running and do I have to wait 24hours before turning on the SWG or only until the salt is dissolved. Any suggestions or comments appreciated. These are my test results about an 1 1/2 - 2 hrs after adding the salt. Added the shock about 15 minutes ago and I'll retest shortly and post. Really happy to find this site, really makes things more manageable!
FC-0
PH-8.4
TA-80
TH-200
CYA-30-50

Test results after shock
FC-10
PH-8.4
TA-80
TH-200
CYA-30-50

I am not sure what the normal intex pump sounds like so cant help there..

with your numbers:

Drop your PH down to 7.2 with Muriatic Acid using poolmath :)
need to test your salt level and bring it to what your SWG recommends
Bring your CYA to 70 using an old sock

So, those test strips are really not good, but they will be fine for the rest of this year.. I would recommend getting the TF100 but with the amount of water you have if your pool turned green you could empty and start over with new water. With that said, you would be wasting time and chemicals every time you need to empty and refill.. The TF100 would save you money if you had to empty once and you would be ahead if you had to empty 2 times. You can also get the salt test and the speedstir (it is worth every penny :)) but you do not have to have it.

My 635T pump made an awful racket, the impeller shaft is made of plastic and had broken into 4 pieces allowing the impeller to flop around inside the motor housing, it worked for a while before I found the problem, I replaced the shaft and impeller from another donor pump and it lasted a few more weeks. The damage to the nylon sleeve on the impeller and it's housing in the motor had worn an oblong void causing too much vibration. Our new pump and filter are nearly silent and we get tons better water movement.

Thank you all for your help. I retested this morning and my new levels are:
FC-3
PH-8.4
TA- 80
TH- 200
CYA-30
I did some reading and think the noise is due to my water level being at the minimum. Going to raise it just a bit and see what happens. Headed to purchase the Muriatic Acid now. Will retest and post.
Thank you!

My new levels:
FC-0
PH-8.4
TA- 80
TH- 200
CYA-30
Went to HP to purchase the Muriatic Acid and came back to a busted pump hose:(. Just got back with the replacement hose and installed. Refilled water lost and test results above! My FC is now 0. Any guidance, what do I need to do next?
Thank you!
Cgisharon

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.