I am so confused about the pool valves. There are two; the left one controls how strong the jets are.
1. If the jets are full strength, does that mean that the valve is open or closed?
2. If the jets are full strength, does that mean the skimmer vacuum is off? Conversely, if the jets are off, does that mean the skimmer vacuum is max strength?
3. I attach a vacuum to the skimmer, should I set the valve to jets full, jets half, or jets off?
4. For normal use, should it be set to jets full, jets half, or jets off?
5. The right valve controls the water to the statue. I can leave that closed, right?
What is this valve and what should it be set to? It is near the big tank in the pic below.
Here is the tank. This is the pool filter, right?