Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How concerned should I be

1. Back To Top    #1

How concerned should I be

I was enjoying my Friday off after doing some lawn work this morning. I was enjoying a shiner in the pool, watching my Polaris clean the place up when suddenly:

It looks like the threaded pipe on the backside of the jet. Do I now have another water leak? The pool has been holding water nicely since I had a leak guy come out, but the pump still loses prime on what seems like every third night.

If I do need to change the jet, are they simply screw off? Or will it likely be more involved?
    My pool: In ground FiberTech coated; ~17,500 Gal w/ Pentair, 1.5-hp pump; Polaris PB4-60 turbo pump; Nautilus NS DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How concerned should I be

How many return jets do you have?
    29,085.1 gal inground grecian vinyl, Hayward Super Pump VS, Hayward S-240 sand filter, Dolphin Nautilus Plus (aka Agador Spartacus), Taylor K-2006 kit, nice pool brush, crappy leaf net, frogs

3. Back To Top    #3

The jet should just screw off of the fitting. I would take it off, get the piece out and try to determine where it came from. The color of the plastic looks like it came from a plastic part around the pumping station (almond color).

Also... pass me a Shiner. I could use one today...
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by rdshackleford View Post
    How many return jets do you have?
    Four jets. They pump pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    The jet should just screw off of the fitting. I would take it off, get the piece out and try to determine where it came from. The color of the plastic looks like it came from a plastic part around the pumping station (almond color).

Also... pass me a Shiner. I could use one today...
    Define pumping station. Are we talking something up near the filter?

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Define pumping station.
    Near the vicinity of the pump.

Howewver, I think you will find it is the threads broken off directly behind the return eyeball....take it iff and see.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School