Hayward DE filter clamp repair

Sep 11, 2015
new city ny
After searching high and low for a replacement clamp assembly for my DE2400 filter (one of the bolts was stripped), and running into a dead end due to (planned?) obsolescence on the part of Hayward, I came up with a solution I hope will help other frustrated Hayward owners. I didn't want or need to buy a new $600 filter so I went to ACE hardware and came up with this solution. I purchased what's known as a metal furniture dowel and the correct sized hex head bolt to thread into it. You can use any kind of threaded bolt as long as it fits in the dowel. Just make sure there's a way to tighten the bolt, so don't use a carriage bolt. Only one of the original bolts was stripped so I removed it from the clamp and inserted the dowel and bolt. I reassembled everything and so far, so good. Spent $2 instead of $600. Shame on Hayward for not supplying this replacement bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3055.jpg
    IMG_3055.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 28
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.