Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quality Vacuum Head

1. Back To Top    #1

Quality Vacuum Head

I need a quality head for manual cleaning the pool. I used to have a good one; it was heavy and maybe made of zinc, but I tossed it out in the Great Mustard Algae Cleansing of 2014 - everything went, hoses, brushes, float, toys, and our vacuum head.

I replaced the vacuum head at Leslie's - at $60 it was their most expensive, at least her, locally. Well, I went out today to vacuum the pool and it was dead. A wheel had strewn its bearings all over, the springs and bolts were so rusted that I wouldn't put them in the pool even if everything else worked, and the part of the head that connects to the pole was deeply corroded - maybe an eighth-inch thick. The head lived where it shouldn't - in close proximity to the tub of trichlor - and I'll store its successor elsewhere, but now I need its successor.

So, where do I get a quality, heavy-duty manual pool cleaner/vacuum head?

Thanks.
    Jaywalker

In-ground, 11,000 gallon, plaster, in-line trichlor pucks or BBB bottled chlorine, 1.5 HP pump @ ~100 gallons/minute, cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quality Vacuum Head

If you're looking to shop primarily locally here in SA, and don't like the options at Leslie's, there are a few places on Hwy 281 between Bitters and Thousand Oaks:
    - Gary's Pools & Patio
    - Keith Zars Pools
    - Poolside Sales & Service
    - I also thought there was a Texas Pools in that area as well.
    - Closer to Loop 1604 & 281 you may find a "Warehouse Pool Supply" in the same shopping center on the corner as a Leslie's.
    I'm sure there are other stores locally. I just happen to go by there often. Other than that ... on-line.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    If you're looking to shop primarily locally here in SA, and don't like the options at Leslie's, there are a few places on Hwy 281 between Bitters and Thousand Oaks:
    - Gary's Pools & Patio
    - Keith Zars Pools
    - Poolside Sales & Service
    - I also thought there was a Texas Pools in that area as well.
    - Closer to Loop 1604 & 281 you may find a "Warehouse Pool Supply" in the same shopping center on the corner as a Leslie's.
    I'm sure there are other stores locally. I just happen to go by there often. Other than that ... on-line.
    Thanks. I'd better go there and see - my search terms are inadequate and I can't find anything online that I like.

I thought Leslie's bought Warehouse. The one I used to go to down at 151 and 410 certainly changed.
    Jaywalker

In-ground, 11,000 gallon, plaster, in-line trichlor pucks or BBB bottled chlorine, 1.5 HP pump @ ~100 gallons/minute, cartridge filter

4. Back To Top    #4

http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Swimm...2339978&sr=1-3

I bought this one to supplement my aging automatic pool cleaner and it's been working well. But I don't have much to compare to. Unfortunately my aging pool cleaner has moved into the inoperable category and this vacuum head has moved from supplemental to primary.
    John - 16,000 gallon | in ground | pebble | Triton II sand filter | TF100 | speedstir | Hayward Phoenix 2x