Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice for grout repair

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice for grout repair

I'm going to attempt to repair/patch some grout on tiles above the high water mark this weekend. Is there anything I should know or be concerned about before I get started?

I don't have any loose or missing tiles, I just want to fill in some gaps in the grout to prevent water from getting in there.

Thanks!
    Bart
    700 sq. ft./30,000 gal, gunite pool; 48 SF DE filter; 1.5 HP pump; Salt Water Generator; Solar Heat

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice for grout repair

Here is a good thread discussion on that very issue: Best product to use for grout repair!!.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Advice for grout repair

Thanks! I saw that thread. I was looking for "tips from the pros" kind of advice......do this, don't do that, etc.
    700 sq. ft./30,000 gal, gunite pool; 48 SF DE filter; 1.5 HP pump; Salt Water Generator; Solar Heat