Best Material to Submerge

I have a recirculating fountain in the backyard that uses an autofill device and the water source is the pool water. It is great in that I do not have to treat the fountain water and it is always clean and clear. I'm having an issue with splash out from the fountain and I'm trying to reduce the amount of water that it takes from the pool each day to maintain an adequate level. To that end, I'm thinking of putting some sort of baffle in the top few bowls so that when the water from the higher bowl cascades down into the baffle, it would hit the baffle and not splash out as much...Home Depot has a thin aluminum sheet material with attractive hole cutout patterns and it comes in a bronze color and I could cut it into a doughnut shape to fit in the bowl - just below the water. Unfortunately, from what I have read online - aluminum is not a great idea in the salt/chlorine pool water. So, I'm looking for ideas on a better material to use :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.