Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Material to Submerge

1. Back To Top    #1

Best Material to Submerge

Does anyone know the best material to use for something that will stay submerged in salt water chlorinated pool water 24/7?

Thanks in advance
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, Three 12" Copper Bobe' Scuppers
    Pentiar ScreenLogic Interface w/iPhone App
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Intellichlor SWG
    Hayward Universal Colorlogic LEDs, Pentair Clean & Clear 200 Filter
    TF Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best Material to Submerge

Can you clarify better for us what will be submerged? Purpose?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Plastic or a polymer type material would be the most resistant. High grade stainless would be good too. But it depends a lot on the use and purpose of what you are submerging.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a recirculating fountain in the backyard that uses an autofill device and the water source is the pool water. It is great in that I do not have to treat the fountain water and it is always clean and clear. I'm having an issue with splash out from the fountain and I'm trying to reduce the amount of water that it takes from the pool each day to maintain an adequate level. To that end, I'm thinking of putting some sort of baffle in the top few bowls so that when the water from the higher bowl cascades down into the baffle, it would hit the baffle and not splash out as much...Home Depot has a thin aluminum sheet material with attractive hole cutout patterns and it comes in a bronze color and I could cut it into a doughnut shape to fit in the bowl - just below the water. Unfortunately, from what I have read online - aluminum is not a great idea in the salt/chlorine pool water. So, I'm looking for ideas on a better material to use
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, Three 12" Copper Bobe' Scuppers
    Pentiar ScreenLogic Interface w/iPhone App
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Intellichlor SWG
    Hayward Universal Colorlogic LEDs, Pentair Clean & Clear 200 Filter
    TF Test Kit