New Pool build - Need ideas and help with light swicth location

fab68

Sep 4, 2012
Mcallen, Texas
I am about to start construction on new pool. While going over details with PB we came across the light swicth location. The options are to run conduit to a column or wall the sits on the outside porch. I am concern about the look and functionality. If I want to turn my pool light I need to go outside. The PB suggested I hire an electrician that could run a wire from the inside of the home to the breaker box on the garage and he would take over that wire for my pool light. The electrician told be based on the location and low access that would be very costly. Is there a way to install wireless switch? Also, I will have a second pump for water features. I would like to be able to turn that pump from a wireless switch. Any suggestions or ideas on how to do this?

Are you trying to keep costs down? Our PB installed an EasyTouch4 controller which is wireless (wifi) connected to the power center and controls pump, light, waterfall, and high speed for cleaning. This was a $1200 option thrown in for free, but if your electrician is looking at several hundred plus the cost to tie into the pool light, it's getting more competitive. Plus, the convenience of a remote you can take with you or mount to a wall using a magnetic cell phone mount is great.

I mounted the remote with one of the super strong magnet mounts to the wall adjacent to the door leading to the pool where it's easy to grab as you go outside. Worth considering,

Are you trying to keep costs down? Our PB installed an EasyTouch4 controller which is wireless (wifi) connected to the power center and controls pump, light, waterfall, and high speed for cleaning. This was a $1200 option thrown in for free, but if your electrician is looking at several hundred plus the cost to tie into the pool light, it's getting more competitive. Plus, the convenience of a remote you can take with you or mount to a wall using a magnetic cell phone mount is great.

I mounted the remote with one of the super strong magnet mounts to the wall adjacent to the door leading to the pool where it's easy to grab as you go outside. Worth considering,

There are automation options that use a phone or tablet too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.