Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool build - Need ideas and help with light swicth location

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool build - Need ideas and help with light swicth location

I am about to start construction on new pool. While going over details with PB we came across the light swicth location. The options are to run conduit to a column or wall the sits on the outside porch. I am concern about the look and functionality. If I want to turn my pool light I need to go outside. The PB suggested I hire an electrician that could run a wire from the inside of the home to the breaker box on the garage and he would take over that wire for my pool light. The electrician told be based on the location and low access that would be very costly. Is there a way to install wireless switch? Also, I will have a second pump for water features. I would like to be able to turn that pump from a wireless switch. Any suggestions or ideas on how to do this?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool build - Need ideas and help with light swicth location

I'm going to be installing Z-Wave switches on mine as soon as the final inspection is signed off...hopefully next week
    Pool Build Finished 08/21/15
    17x30 IG Gunite pool/7' spa with gray plaster filled with city water
    Pentair VS 3 hp (pool guy set to run from 0600-1400)
    Pentair 420
    Pentair 400k heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you trying to keep costs down? Our PB installed an EasyTouch4 controller which is wireless (wifi) connected to the power center and controls pump, light, waterfall, and high speed for cleaning. This was a $1200 option thrown in for free, but if your electrician is looking at several hundred plus the cost to tie into the pool light, it's getting more competitive. Plus, the convenience of a remote you can take with you or mount to a wall using a magnetic cell phone mount is great.

I mounted the remote with one of the super strong magnet mounts to the wall adjacent to the door leading to the pool where it's easy to grab as you go outside. Worth considering,
    July2015 New - 12,900gal IG Clorine Pool: Free Form Shot/PebbleSheen, Ceramic Waterline/Travertine Coping/Deck, Paramount PV3 In-Floor, Pentair 3050VS Intelliflo Variable (3000rpm High/1000rpm Low), Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge, Venturi Skimmer, MDX/SDX Drain, Paralevel, Rock Waterfall +3/4" Aireator, Intellibrite 5G LED, EasyTouch4, and Tab Floater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by LongDuck View Post
    Are you trying to keep costs down? Our PB installed an EasyTouch4 controller which is wireless (wifi) connected to the power center and controls pump, light, waterfall, and high speed for cleaning. This was a $1200 option thrown in for free, but if your electrician is looking at several hundred plus the cost to tie into the pool light, it's getting more competitive. Plus, the convenience of a remote you can take with you or mount to a wall using a magnetic cell phone mount is great.

I mounted the remote with one of the super strong magnet mounts to the wall adjacent to the door leading to the pool where it's easy to grab as you go outside. Worth considering,
    There are automation options that use a phone or tablet too.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

5. Back To Top    #5

We'll probably end up tying our landscape lighting controls into the OmniLogic pool controller, but our landscape lighting guy said he strongly recommends insteon for automation / lighting control if someone is looking for that:

http://www.insteon.com/
    ~25000 gal IG gunite pool, built 2001 - renovated 2015
    Pebble Sheen Blue Surf + Shimmering Sea, Gemz, Classic Pool & Tile Rodio waterline
    Grey Granite Paver Deck, with TechoBloc Blu60 Smooth accent strip
    Hayward OmniLogic, UCL and CL320 LED lights, DE6020 filter, EcoStar pump, TF-100, T-15 SWG, Raypak P406A heater