Dig up light conduit or use epoxy in brand new pool?

My brand new pool was filled with water in July 2015 and soon after, we discovered a pool leak. Pool was losing 3/4 inch to 1 inch of water per day. PB put epoxy in the back of the light niche and said that the leak was from the light conduit. Pool stopped losing water. I questioned PB as to why they didn't dig up the conduit and replace with new PVC conduit instead of patching with epoxy. PB said that even if they replaced with new PVC conduit, the conduit will likely crack again from settling issues.

What is the better long-term solution is for repairing a leak from the light conduit? Is the epoxy the best choice or should I have the PB remove the concrete that overlies the conduit, dig up the conduit, and replace the PVC conduit?

Is it likely that the conduit was damaged during back fill/concrete pouring or are conduit problems always related to settling of the ground? We have clay-soil (not sure if this makes a difference). How likely is it that the PVC conduit will crack again if it is replaced? How long does the epoxy last?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

The problem with sealing the end of the conduit at the pool is that when the time to replace the light fixture comes, you won't be able to do it. You may have to break up the deck and replace the conduit at that time. What he's doing is a band aid solution to the problem. If it were me, I would make the pool builder fix it the right way.

The correct choice is to have the PB under warranty find the leak and fix it. Yeah, the epoxy works but wasn't your pool expensive? And the statement that the conduit will just break again is utter nonsense. What if the light conduit is leaking because of a bad glue joint?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.