Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This will be my second pool:

First pool was:
Chlorine (bleach eventually)
Pebbletec
Three, single speed pumps (filter, cleaner, bubblers&water wall)
PCC2000 in-floor cleaner
Cartridge

Pool builder (same as first pool) recommends UV/Ozone as the sanitizer. My 1st pool had Ozonator, I'm not sure it did anything. What can you TFP folks tell me about UV as a primary sanitizer?

Here are my plans:

Variable Speed pump -> Intellipro. I want to run low and slow to save those $$s
Filter options (DE or Cartridge Filter), I'm leaning towards DE, but my wife is concerned about the carcinogenic properties of the DE medium
in-floor cleaner (I loved my in-floor cleaner)
Color changing lights
This will be some form of Pebbletec - I want more blue and less green to the finish
Chlorine tank and pump (peristaltic, Stenner 45MPHP22, w/7.5 gal uv gray tank and rain roof) Single Head Fixed Chemical Injection Pump

- cabinetry and counter space
- gas plumbing (Grill/Generator/firepit)
- wiring (lights, fans, speakers, TV)
- water/sink/drain?
- cooling sprays – aerators (integrated method to cool the pool during hot summers)
- In-pool obstacles - benches, platforms...for the dog
- color changing in pool lights
- gas fire pit
- speakers
- Hammock spot
- slab large enough for chlorine pump and AC
- waterfall
- babbling brook, probably need some height for noise abatement
- beach entry (maybe, we have a large lot)
- landscape lighting

I'm interested in other ideas

What I've learned from the more knowledgeable on this site about UV/Ozone:

For outdoor pools that get a lot of sun, they're not needed (you get plenty of UV from the giant fireball) and the UV system may actually cause chlorine demand to rise.

UV and Ozone are only effective when the baddies pass through them. They do nothing for algea, bacteria, etc that exist in the pool water or cling to surfaces.

Hope that helps and if I got it wrong, hopefully someone will be along soon to set it all straight.

And good luck with the build. Your builder was one of our finalists and we would have been confident in their build.

This is off topic, but the Mega-Catch Mosquito Trap in your signature caught my eye. Does it work? We are on an acre and would love to find something effective. We also keep bees so we can't use pesticides, so this looks interesting.

This will be a nice one to watch. It will be interesting to see how it goes since you have already done it once before.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Jamie we use and love these:

For the area we are hanging out in. It is almost as if there is a shield all around us!

Amazon.com : OFF! Powerpad Lamp : Insects Lamp : Patio, Lawn Garden

My husband uses this around the outside of the yard but I am not sure about it with your bees:

Amazon.com : Black Flag 190095 40-Ounce Outdoor Propane Insect Fogger : Manual Compression Sprayers : Patio, Lawn Garden

Kim

This is off topic, but the Mega-Catch Mosquito Trap in your signature caught my eye. Does it work? We are on an acre and would love to find something effective. We also keep bees so we can't use pesticides, so this looks interesting.

Jamie, yes, the megacatch works. Does it eradicate the mosquito problem...no, but it helps a lot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JamieP,

It is great to see progress. Our first build had the benefit of going through the back fence so our front yard was not damaged. At this house, that is not possible, so the yard damage is frustrating.

They are going to do the iron work today with Gunite planned for tomorrow.

Friday they came and did the rebar, Saturday they shot the gunite. I don't have any good pictures of the re-bar as it was dark when I returned home Friday and they started the gunite at 6:20 AM Saturday morning (yes, out neighbors love us)

The back ledge looks a little uneven!! :D

Looks great...excited I'm sure.

Here are some more updates

Rock wall and the waterfall cove

Pumps (Filter - Intellipro, Waterfall, then cleaner left to right), The Stenner tank and pump had not been installed when I took this picture. The electrician was out yesterday, no pictures yet. Should get started on the decking today or tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.