FC, pH always constant

trbvm

Jun 8, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I have checked all pool chemistry values (TF-100) diligently for the last week, since we filled our new pool..
Initially, the values were all over the place, but after balancing, I am noticing the following:

For the last 2 days, the values of FC = 6, CC = 0 & pH = 7.5 are consistantly constant throughout the day.

We had kids swim in the water prior to that and I had to add some bleach & acid to bring the levels above.. but since then I have not added anything to the pool.
It has been cloudy for the last couple of days (a rarity in PHX) - maybe this is why FC is constant?

Cloudy weather helps some of the FC loss but not enough that you see no loss in 48 hours.

Are you testing so that you continue to add drops until there is NO further change in the sample? Often, folks will stop the test when the change is not yet complete.

My guess is it's just one of those things and you may see a 2-3 ppm drop (or more) today.....assuming you are testing as above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.