New pump recommendation

Jul 16, 2014
Riverview, FL
My Hayward pump is over 10 years old and is making a horrendous noise. I am assuming after a decade of diligent duty in the humid Tampa weather, it's time to give up the ghost.

It is a 1hp unit, servicing a 20,000 gallon pool and 4 person hot tub. What is a good replacement pump, with a strong focus on energy efficiency and reliability? :salut:

I would go with a 1 HP or 1.5 HP and go with either a 2-speed pump or a variable speed (VS) pump. The 2-speed would allow you to run at a lower RPM and save electricity. The VS pump would allow you to have a lot more flexibility on pump speeds and therefore flow rates and might be very nice considering you have a spa in the pool. You could even go with a 1.5 HP VS pump and achieve great energy savings while still allowing you to bump the speed/flow higher when you want lots of jet flow in the spa area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.