Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baracuda G3 replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter Springs, Florida

Baracuda G3 replacement

I currently have a Zodiac Baracuda G3 suction cleaner that is several years old. I honestly do not know how old it actually is as it was there when we bought the house. It doesn't work all that well (misses much of the bottom) and I have already replaced the diaphragm, entire hose, foot and finned disk on the bottom.

Before spending possibly more money on it, I am considering replacing it with something else.

For suction cleaners, what is good? I am reading on ThePoolCleaner or the Aquanaut which I think is the same thing.
    ~16000 gallon in-ground gunite. Pentair 160316 cartridge filter. Testing with TF100. Baracuda G3 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Baracuda G3 replacement

ThePoolCleaner is highly thought of by most TFP members that have it. Hayward bought the rights to it a while back and there seems to be a few versions of it around.

I'm very satisfied with my 5 year old cleaner. So far the only money I've had to spend on it is for a new set of tires. I have the 2-wheel version.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process