Do Colored Lights show in dark colored pebble tec at night? Thanks

Aug 12, 2015
Boston, MA
Hello,
Our pool rep says that the colored LED lights only show well with a lighter color pool.
colors i'm thinking of are Tropical Breeze, Tahoe Blue Pebble Tec.
Does anyone have these colors with the colored lights? any pics at night?
If i do the solid white light.. what will the water look like when lit? will it look blue when lit at night? or bright white?
Thanks

We have Tahoe Blue pebble tech. We have only used the lights once since we completed our pool less than a week ago. The white light looks light blue in the water. I think the white and Aqua look the best and brightest. Red and green don't show up as well. We only have one light in the spa and one in the pool. No pics yet but I can try to take some.

I have Blue Granite - which is probably considered a dark finish. I love my colored lights - but they def do NOT show up as well as they do on the pools with plain plaster or the white plaster. But I still love it. It looks great in the spa - the light is concentrated on such a smaller spot. I wish I would have added an additional light in the main pool . . .

The colors show up a LOT better in person than in these pictures. I have been trying to get night-time pics forever and it doesn't come out. But here are the best I have.

Pool Teal
21116088208_678a043d50_z.jpg
[/url]DSC_0412 by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hot Tub Teal
19985873325_bea8e9dee5_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Pool Red
DSC_0414 by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr

Hot Tub Red
19799203359_37d6276ca9_k.jpg

Hot Tub Dark Blue
19799209699_392802f893_k.jpg

We have Thunder Blue Pebble Sheen finish and an Intellibrite 5G (LED) and even with a darker pebble finish, the lighting looks really good. I tend to keep it on the blue constant colors, but when using California Sunset or Caribbean themes, the reds and oranges work very well, too. There's plenty of lighter pebble to reflect off of, and the LEDs of today are far brighter than even 5 years ago.

When you consider the cost savings for electricity to run LED vs. incandescent, it just makes more sense to go LED, and as a side-benefit the color spectrum is such that LED draws fewer bugs to the water surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.