Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite Chlorinator - No power light, Generating light and no flow, then goes dark

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaRite Chlorinator - No power light, Generating light and no flow, then goes dark

This is an older thread to which I believe my problem points to however it talks about taking the piece off before being able to see the back of it and mine per the pic is easily with a gentle bend. Is this the same \ similar issue or is there one located behind the board as well?
    Aquarite Not generating - lights not on.

I believe I need to replace the black 'disc' ??

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: AquaRite Chlorinator - No power light, Generating light and no flow, then goes da

That black disk with sl32 2r025 printed on it is the input resistor. That is the most common failure. If you are replacing it there are videos on YouTube that may assist you. Be very careful when disconnecting the wires and take pictures of everything so you are sure to get them all back in place. The part is available from DigiKey for about $2.50, shipping cost more than the part.

I found an easy way to replace it. Cut the legs off the old one leaving them as long as possible, the bend them over the legs of the new one and solder in place. This way there is no soldering directly on the PC board and the new resistor is left standing off the board at a 90 degree angle for better cooling. You can notice on your board evidence of damage from overheating near the base of the resistor, this avoids that.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: AquaRite Chlorinator - No power light, Generating light and no flow, then goes da

Thanks... I build R\C models so the soldering is not an issue and that's a great idea to solder the wires only and keep heat as much as possible off the board.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, I did this same thing except I wish I'd known the shortcut chiefwej talked about. I did a terrible job soldering and it still works fine. Saved a ton of money. Just gotta be very careful when handling the circuit board.
    Installed 2010: 18X36X6ft 29000 gls, SWG, Vinyl Liner, Sand Filter. 2 skimmers/returns, Polaris cleaner aka Arthur, Heater