Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cover price?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cover price?

I'm in the process of signing a contract and trying to figure out of I should get the cover from the builder. The pool is a 16x32 oasis shape. In the quote he has extreemesh safety cover for 2800 is this reasonable or should I get it else where?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cover price?

If that is 2800 installed with anchors, that's not that unreasonable. Oasis or irregular shaped pools have to be custom made covers and there's some labor involved in installing the anchors properly.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm trying to have the pool put in in the fall but wait till spring to do concrete so the ground settles. How would they install the cover for this winter with out concrete around pool?

4. Back To Top    #4

I just bought an Arctic Armor solid with mesh drain panel in 16 x 32 with end steps from pbpools.com for $604 delivered.
    A 3/4" masonry bit is about 30 bucks. 28 holes with a borrowed hammer drill. All the hole dimensions are given on a template, all I need to do is find the centerline of the pool.

I guess a bit more cost for the oasis shape, but not 5 times.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd just use cheap, blue tarp for the winter, anchored on the sides with water bags. By the way, I just received a LoopLoc II solid vinyl cover for a 38x14 pool. Delivered price with pump $1800. I'll be installing this weekend.
    N Virginia
    -Leisure Moroccan 38' Fiberglass
    -19,800 Gallons
    -Pentair EasyTouch 4 w/IC40 Chlorinator,VS3050 Pump, Clean&Clear Plus 320 Cartridge Filter,Prowler 720 Robot Cleaner
    -1 Skimmer/ 3 Returns/2 Drains/2" Piping
    -3 Fiberstar Pal Treo LED lights/Wirtran
    -TF100 TestKit

6. Back To Top    #6

If you don't mind me where fid you purchase it from?

7. Back To Top    #7

PoolCoverCenter.com They were GREAT to order from. I had called 3 other vendors telling them what pool I had and what a I wanted and was told by all I would have to custom order a cover, e.g. take measurements, etc. Pool Cover Center volunteered to and called LoopLoc and low and behold, they had my pool in the database and it wouldn't be a custom order. Received the cover about 10 days after ordering. Shipping was free, I ordered the cover in blue, total price $1809. I'll be installing it Sunday.
    N Virginia
    -Leisure Moroccan 38' Fiberglass
    -19,800 Gallons
    -Pentair EasyTouch 4 w/IC40 Chlorinator,VS3050 Pump, Clean&Clear Plus 320 Cartridge Filter,Prowler 720 Robot Cleaner
    -1 Skimmer/ 3 Returns/2 Drains/2" Piping
    -3 Fiberstar Pal Treo LED lights/Wirtran
    -TF100 TestKit