Manual Vacuum heads

Jun 10, 2015
Rock Hill/SC
Can anyone give suggestions on what the best manual vacuum head is? I have a vinyl pool and right now I am using a rectangle type head from Home Depot. I have also used the triangle type but get the feeling that there may be something else better out there.

Woo! What a tough question. So many choices out there. I'll give you a couple quick links though. Mine is identical to the first one on the Amazon page (flex head). Because my pool is rectangular in shape with very good suction, it works quite good and the flex is very nice around curves and slopes. But you might like some of the heads with other angled options:
Amazon.com: Pool Vacuum Heads: Patio, Lawn Garden
Vacuum Cleaning Attachments
Vacuums and Hoses - Easily Remove Dirt and Debris From Your Pool Floor

Not all triangle vac heads are created equal. I bought a cheap one at a pool store years ago, used it once and demoted it to storage. Went back to my Hayward. This year, I replaced my Hayward (model SP1068DL) and was surpised how well it worked with all the bristles still there. Also, my old one was so old, I didn't realize the plastic was supposed to be transparent. That also helps a lot. However, it took Amazon three tries to send me one that had all the parts, and not broken upon arrival.

-R

I had the Poolmaster and it worked great. Last week the plastic clip on the head broke and I replaced the Poolmaster with Hydro Tools 8126 Super Aerodynamic Weighted Pool Vacuum Head.....which STINKS. As I'm vacuuming the head gets suction stuck to the bottom of the pool. I have to turn off the pump to unstick it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.