Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: safety pool cover manufacturer

1. Back To Top    #1

safety pool cover manufacturer

I have a very old loop lock mesh cover that needs to be replaced. I cannot find a pool cover manufacturer that will deal with the customer. All that I have checked
    ( over 10) have told me I must go thru their dealers! Does anyone know a company that will deal with the end user?
    Thanks!
    20K, IG, new Merlin vinyl liner, sand, Triton Tr-60, Eco-Pump EP-6, 1.5hp, Taylor TF-100
    Test kit, Compupool CPSC 24 SWG, city water, built in 1979.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: safety pool cover manufacturer

What shape is your pool? Irregular or rectangular? If it is a rectangular shape, you can order safety covers from several online retailers that should fit your pool if it is a rectangle of standard pool dimensions.

I have not purchased a cover, but other items through this site: Mesh Safety Covers For Inground Pools - Solid Pool Covers - Pool Center but there are others as well. The only difficult part may be getting one that matches your grid layout.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

If you have a custom cover from LoopLoc there should be a tag on it with a serial number. LoopLoc will have a record of that cover and can remake the cover so that all the straps and anchors line up perfectly. You should be able to contact them directly for that.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I have an irregular custom pool cover. I spoke to loop lock and they WILL NOT
    sell directly to me. I must go thru a dealer...
    20K, IG, new Merlin vinyl liner, sand, Triton Tr-60, Eco-Pump EP-6, 1.5hp, Taylor TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Do you have the codes off of the tag. If so there should be online dealers who will supply the replacement cover with a very small mark up. I bought a LoopLoc cover years ago through an online retailer much cheaper than local dealers were quoting.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Excellent idea! My tag has faded out and is unreadable. I called Loop Lock and used the address and the former owners name. They were not impressed and refused to research it further..Advised to call a dealer....

7. Back To Top    #7

Call tomorrow, maybe you'll get someone more "receptive"? Or call a dealer and have them look it up...
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by zackpool View Post
    Excellent idea! My tag has faded out and is unreadable. I called Loop Lock and used the address and the former owners name. They were not impressed and refused to research it further..Advised to call a dealer....
    That's odd I thought my LoopLoc cover had a metal tag with the numbers stamped on it.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ

9. Back To Top    #9

I will need a new cover here soon. I was also told that there was a number somewhere on the underside of the cover.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

10. Back To Top    #10

I ordered mine from poolcovercenter.com. They gave me a great price and liased with LoopLoc and determined LoopLoc had my pool in their database....
    N Virginia
    -Leisure Moroccan 38' Fiberglass
    -19,800 Gallons
    -Pentair EasyTouch 4 w/IC40 Chlorinator,VS3050 Pump, Clean&Clear Plus 320 Cartridge Filter,Prowler 720 Robot Cleaner
    -1 Skimmer/ 3 Returns/2 Drains/2" Piping
    -3 Fiberstar Pal Treo LED lights/Wirtran
    -TF100 TestKit