15K Gallon in sunny Southern California Pump Time Question

So the pool guy that the PB sent for 2 months set my Pentair VS 3hp pump to run at a medium speed from 0600-1200 and then from 1200-1400 everyday at a higher speed to run the cleaner (that I still cant use :() But my question is this...is this enough time on it to turn the water properly?
He isnt aware of the TFP method of pool care so this pump time schedule might not be best.

Pool is Chlorine only
full sun all day everyday
gray plaster

What do you guys recommend for the best water quality?

Thank you

That is enough pump run time and you probably can get by with less time. Here is a guide to help some more, Determining Pump Run Time.

I would set it to low speed, around 1000 RPM, for six hours and maybe an hour at a higher speed that allows the cleaner to work properly. If you are not satisfied with how clean it is then bump up the settings.

Any solar panels on your roof? I run my VS at 2000 rpm as I do need some oomph to pump up to the second story for my passive solar heating.

If you have the same pump as I do (see my sig), here is the pump performance curve for it: click (Go to Performance Curves and click that link)

It only gives the curves for the factory preset speeds but it gives you a general idea of where you might want to run your pump at.

To pump up to the peak of my roof of my second story house, that is about 25-30 feet of head. So I trace across the 30 on the y-axis and I guesstimate that I probably don't want to drop my rpms below around 2000 rpm. Notice that I probably shouldn't run my pump at 1500 rpm as it might struggle to push the water to the peak of my roof.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.