New House, New to pool

Sep 8, 2015
Union, NJ
Hi Everyone
Just moved into a new house that has an above ground pool. The previous owners were using a service to maintain it and gave me their contact info. They have been to the house for a few days this week to get the pool in usable shape and was told the previous owners went about a month without having them come and put too many chlorine tabs in their floater. After dealing with this for my first week as a homeowner I now know I would like to follow the TFPC method and take on the pool care myself. I just bought a Taylor testing kit which is on its way. My question is, can I start testing and Adjusting using this method even if "pool store" chemicals may have been used? Any insight and help for a newbie would be appreciated.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Once we know the size, we can recommend how much bleach to add daily until your kit arrives. You should add about 3ppm of FC daily and you can use PoolMath to calculate how much bleach that is for your size pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.