Another "low flow" issue

Thanks for all of your help. I got a handle on my pool, the low-level outbreak causing the pressures to rise, and all is well in hand now. I have an additional question about a low-flow situation.

Recently, I've been doing some renovating at my house and for the last six weeks, I had the valves to the solar heater on the roof shut off. That whole time my flows were great, pump pressure steady at 15, and all working great. Yesterday, the work was done and I re-opened the valves and enabled the solar to let it flow for a few days to test it out. Today, I got a "no-flow" situation - first one in a couple of months and certainly since I shut off the solar flow. Also with that low flow, I note that when solar is on, tank pressure rises from 15 almost to 20.
I have a Pentair Whisperflo 1 1/2 hp fixed speed pump. Pump assembly says 3450 rpm. I'm not sure of anything more - impeller size, etc. I do not have a flow meter installed.
I cleaned the cell and sensor and all is sparkling. The sensor is only a few months old.

Should I expect that the pump pressure increases and flow decreases as it has to work harder to pump it through the roof solar?
Would getting a stronger pump improve that situation? Use a booster pump with the solar?

Please don't come back at me with upgrading to a lot more expensive equipment. I need to keep the costs in check as much as possible. Any other thoughts or solutions?

Thanks,
Russ

Today, I got a "no-flow" situation
I am not sure what you mean. A sensor telling you "low flow" or you observing a low flow.

The pump pressure will certainly increase because the solar offers quite a bit of resistance and your flow will slow somewhat but it shouldn't be so much to cause you serious issues.

low flow is reflected by a no flow light on the Jandy system. SWG does not operate then. I understand that the pressures will increase and flow decrease going to the solar; I'm mainly curious about ways to remedy that.

That's tough to do. It's quite large encompassing most of a room off the garage. Pumps for pool and spa, valves for all plus solar, heater, tank. Any particular component you're interested in seeing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.