Looking for safety cover information

Jumping back into the pool world after being without one for 12 years and need a good safety cover.

Mostly open, but have trees to the south of the pool, so leaves are going to fall on it periodically.

Would like some good recommendations and would like to stay in the 1,000.00 to 1500.00 range. My pool guy recommended a solid cover with pump for easiest cleanup.

Thanks!

If you go safety, as a cover that does not rest on the water in the sides and corners, either a tight mesh or solid cover will have similar clean ups. A solid cover would require a cover pump and keep more dust/dirt out of the pool. A mesh cover would let fine dust and water through but need no cover pump. If you lower your water level a mesh will refill with rain, solid cover will not. Good and bad to both.

A "cadillac" Loop-Loc brand safety cover may last longer than another brand but will not likely be in the price range. I inherited a Loop-Loc with my pool and it's worked well but now showing signs of wear with seams coming apart a bit, I'll probably get through this winter with it but have to replace soon. Other users may be able to chime in on other brands available online and in pool stores. If your pool is a rectangular 20x40, you should be able to get a very reasonably price cover versus a custom made irregular shape.

Welcome to TFP!

$1500 would be the bottom end of a DIY installed safety cover unless you are lucky enough to be able to use an off-the-shelf cover. Having it installed will probably double the cost.

Since you don't get cold winters, a solid cover with a mesh panel or fine mesh will reduce algae growth without needing a pump. Stick with the name brands like Loop-Loc and Meyco.

Welcome to TFP!

$1500 would be the bottom end of a DIY installed safety cover unless you are lucky enough to be able to use an off-the-shelf cover. Having it installed will probably double the cost.

Since you don't get cold winters, a solid cover with a mesh panel or fine mesh will reduce algae growth without needing a pump. Stick with the name brands like Loop-Loc and Meyco.

Thanks for the welcome!

Having installed these before, I plan on the install myself. My pool is the standard rectangle 20x40 with steps centered on one end. Anyone know anything about Robelle covers? Not heard of them. A northeast company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.