Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: GOLDLINE Aquar Rite SWP Generator question

1. Back To Top    #1

GOLDLINE Aquar Rite SWP Generator question

So my LED's were dead...BUT the led display (#'s) worked fine. The pool guy said we had a dead unit when he replaced the pump.

I thought it was the 'diode' and ordered that black disc. I had to wait on it forever (Amazon for ease not realizing free shipping meant 'boat from China') and disconnected the actual generator a while back as the board was dead. So today I opened up the board expecting to see the disc in pieces or baked...but it wasn't. Even more surprising was the LED's were now on! I plugged the generator back in and then turned it off and then back on and everything is working.

Next step was to backwash the filter that was due for a cleaning. Go through the steps and then check to see if everything is working one last time. NOPE. LED's are now off again.

I think 'maybe something over tightened when I put the cover on? Undid it. NOPE. Then I giggled everything that I could see to make sure it wasn't a short...can't find it if it is shorting. Then I thought maybe the guy wired the pump wrong and had it backwards to run generator when pump was OFF. NOPE.

Any ideas? I cannot see back of the disk to make sure it's not broken or failing...I didn't want to take anything apart until I asked for other ideas. Front looks very good.

Any other weak spots?

Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: GOLDLINE Aquar Rite SWP Generator question

Can you post the diagnostics?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Can you post the diagnostics?
    How do it get that?
    Chad in San Antonio
    15000 gallon in ground
    Salt Water with DE filter
    1.5 HP Pentair Variable
    Goldline Aqua Rite Salt Gen

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

If yours is like mine, press the little black button next to the display. Each time you press it, it should display a number. There are 7 or 8 different numbers depending on the revision SWG you have.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    If yours is like mine, press the little black button next to the display. Each time you press it, it should display a number. There are 7 or 8 different numbers depending on the revision SWG you have.

Here is what they read...LED's are still all off.
    100P
    AL - 0
    r 1.33

Does that make any sense?
    Chad in San Antonio
    15000 gallon in ground
    Salt Water with DE filter
    1.5 HP Pentair Variable
    Goldline Aqua Rite Salt Gen

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

It says:
    0 salt
    84 degrees
    15.4 V
    0 Amps
    dial set to 100 percent
    0 Instantaneous salt
    0 Alkalinity
    1.33 pcb revision
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

Read this thread starting on page one, Aquarite Not generating - lights not on.

There could be a couple of things that are causing your issue and this thread covers them. It could very well be the current limiter, but it might be related to the flow switch.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

My gut is telling me your T Cell is bad. Or very full of scale. It's similar to what mine did when I introduced the rust from my heater. Once I got it all cleaned out, the unit started working fine.

9. Back To Top    #9

The thermistor is bad. There might be other problems, but I would replace that first.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

I Misread!!! They have NOT replaced it. Now I feel silly as that would have been my first guess if I had correctly read what was posted!!

11. Back To Top    #11

It's bad. Maybe it wasn't done correctly.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Sorry, corrected my post #10 to reflect reality...

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

When replacing the input resistor, I found an easy way. If you just cut the legs off the old resistor and leave them as long as possible, you can just wrap them over the legs of the new one and solder them there. That way you don't have to solder on the board itself, and it leaves the new resistor away from the PC board at a 90 degree angle for better cooling. Just a suggestion.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

14. Back To Top    #14

One has to be careful that the thermistor does not sit too high as it will hit the front panel. I cut down the legs and put the legs through the board. Cut the old thermistor leaving the legs sticking out of the board. Then put the soldering iron at the intersection of the board and legs until the solder melts and then gently pull the legs out. Then put the tip of the soldering iron under the holes and use a desoldering bulb or pump to suck out the old solder. That leaves a clean hole that is easy to resolder the new part in.

Radioshack - Products

15. Back To Top    #15

Hey Guys I have an aquarite & replaced my thermistor las weekend I recalbrated the salt & for some reason the generator light is always on.
    MY CL level is now 9.6 I called hayaward & once I described the problem thei said the board is damaged Any ideas?
    20x40 28K Gallon IG Foxx pool, Vinyl DE filter, variable pump, 400K heater, Aqurite SWG (2012 Installed) all Hayward branded Built 2001. City Well water Aquanaut 400 suction cleaner. 12 Mil solar cover, TAYLOR K-2006 Test Kit Artesian Piper Glen Spa

16. Back To Top    #16

Hey neighbor

These boards are notorious for getting fried by the tiniest bit of lightning in the area, even if you are properly grounded. I went through two in first 3 years before getting on the internet and finding the guy in Florida who's on eBay and got one of his refurbished boards. That was 7 years ago and hasn't fried since.
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?