Pounds of Granular CL to Liquid Bleach Conversion?

phappy

Aug 25, 2013
Hello all. Thank you for reading this and for your advice. I have been trying to learn more about the TFPC method & utilize info where I can.

Is there a conversion for pounds of granulated Chlorine to gallons of Liquid Bleach (~12%)?

I know this is a novice question. I checked the Pool Calculator, and searched through the TFP forum. I unfortunately do not know the chemical composition of the granulated CL. It is whatever "The Pool Guy" uses. I bet it is stuff that can be picked up at Walmart, etc.

This is the first year I am closing my Northeast NY 27,000 gallon pool for the winter. The pool guy is a nice guy, and he taught me how to close the pool. He said when he closes our pool for the winter he puts in "6 pounds of granulated CL, mixed into buckets of water and spread throughout the pool".

Since I'm reading such great things about using only Liquid Bleach, I though that there might be a conversion equivalency?

Well, thank you very much for reading and for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.