Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LakeLizard from Oklahoma says "Howdy y'all!"

1. Back To Top    #1

LakeLizard from Oklahoma says "Howdy y'all!"

TFP, I'm LakeLizard from Piedmont, OK. Recently purchased a H2X SwimSpa last December, so am a newbie regarding water chemistry. Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you want to look at it), I am very analytical and overthink things too often and make things harder on myself than they need be. Whit this being said, I will try to keep my posts concise and not rambling. I ask a lot of questions so please be patient with me. I love the water and love to just chill in the new swimspa. I look forward to meeting y'all and hearing your feedback.

H2X 19' Trainer Deep SwimSpa, Model 1270. ECO PUR water filter system. 231" X 94" X 60". SwimSpa buried 32" deep with decking/patio built around unit. Spa side capacity = 225 gallons, Swim side capacity = 2045 for a total capacity of 2270 gallons. Ozone system, 4 pumps, 48 jets, LED lights, Aquavibe sound system w/sub woofer. T-100 TFTestKit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LakeLizard from Oklahoma says "Howdy y'all!"

From one new guy to another, welcome.
    You'll enjoy this site and learn a lot.
    IG: 15000 Gal. Plaster. DE. 1992. Spa. Pump----(Will check brand and update). Heater. TF-100 Kit w Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

HI! We are glad to see you! Pull up a float and share a pic of your swimspa with us! How does your water look?

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!

Here are some resources to give you an overview of managing your pool using our methods:
    1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    2. Chlorine CYA Chart
    3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
    4. Recommended Levels
    5. Pool Math
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Hello LakeLizard, and Welcome to TFP ,

Feel free to ask any questions you have because that's what we're all here for is to help you understand how to independently maintain your own pool/swim spa.

We recommend in order to properly maintain the chemicals that you order one of the recommended test kits either a TF-100 which can be purchased at TfTestkits (Also if you become a support member of the forum you'll receive a 10% off coupon code in your email to save you even more money on this awesome kit.

or the Taylor K-2006 test kit which can be purchased from various places online , and at some local pool stores as well.

These are the only 2 kits we suggest you use as there accuracy can not be matched by any other kits. Getting one of the recommend kits will be the best investment you can make.

As far as any questions you have, when you're ready, just ask away, we'll be Gentle I promise.

We're glad you're here. Have a wonderful night.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.