Jul 31, 2013
NW Louisiana
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I noticed today that have very small cut in my pool liner the size of a small child's fingernail clipping. It is above the waterline on a liner that is less than 2 years old. Given the age, I assume its not from dry rot and the kids somehow cut it it with a toy.

Given the size is so small and that its about 2" from the top (lip) of the liner, I was considering patching it from the back of the liner. The reason is I still want a clean look above the water line. If this is not recommended, please advise and I'll follow the advice. It's almost in the center of the wall in the deep end (not a corner).

Thanks

I do still have the original liner pattern I can use to match. I was just trying to keep it unnoticeable as it's still pretty new. Outside of the looks, is the hole going to affect the life expectancy of the liner?

It is hardly noticeable. I cut a piece trying not to utilize any more of the spare liner than necessary, so I have about .75" on one side of the cut and 2" on the other; Am I risking future problems by being too conservative with the spare liner? The cut looks as if it is not under stress; I attached pictures of the sample and actual cut below. I have some adhesive that I purchased at home depot; is it recommended that I ditch that for Boxer adhesive?

Let me know if i need to adjust what I'm doing.

Yeah, it's really small; which was why I thought about patching from the back of the liner. I just want to make sure I was doing the right thing. I'll cut the patch down more and get it on there. The adhesive is for vinyl liners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.