Best ways to deal with that darn solar cover

I've been covering my pool every day with the solar cover to keep the heat in and extend my swiming season.

My problem is I just hate dealing with the hassle of the solar cover reel. It's a pain to get the cover on strait. It's a 2 person job to do it right. Getting it back on the pool without getting gallons of water of top of the cover is a hassle.

I've been considering drilling through the Cover reel and attaching it firmly to the concrete in the hopes it will be easier to get on strait.

Does anyone have any good tips to help with the Solar cover blues? Or any reasonable alternatives to the solar cover reel?

I like my Rocky roller. It's still a bit of a hassle but having the reel anchored to the deck means it's not too bad to put the cover on myself. Rolling it up has been a two person job. I haven't even tried to do it by myself because I'm too particular about having it on the reel nice and even.

If you have a method for anchoring your current reel to the deck, I'd try it. Mine came with concrete anchors and bolts to fit it. Had to drill the holes in the concrete and install the anchors.

Anchors like this would work Wej-It WD38 Internally Threaded Drop-In Anchor, Carbon Steel, Zinc Plated Finish, Meets GSA FFS-325 Group VIII Type 1 Specifications, 1/2 Scientific
Then drill through the reel frame and get some 3/8" threaded bolts to run through the frame.

To get an idea you can look at the drop-in anchor, spring and anchor bolts on this parts list from Rockys: Rocky's Roller Systems - Parts for Residential Systems

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.